Alice Harris is a partner in the Columbia office of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP. Ms. Harris has experience in the healthcare law field and has experience assisting hospitals and healthcare systems, post-acute care providers, physicians, and other types of healthcare providers.
Ms. Harris’ practice includes concentrations in healthcare regulatory compliance, compliance program guidance, response to federal and state contractor audits, Medicaid overpayment and cost report audits and appeals, internal investigations, and related healthcare compliance and fraud and abuse litigation matters.
Ms. Harris began assisting healthcare clients with compliance program issues in 1998 when the first compliance guidance for hospitals was issued by the OIG.
Ms. Harris has advised clients on an external basis, recently serving as an operational Vice President of Corporate Integrity for Tuomey Healthcare System and has previously served as in-house compliance counsel for Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, JD (1993)
- Valdosta State University, BA, cum laude (1982)
Admissions : South Carolina
- Assists clients with regulatory compliance issues, including assistance with compliance program issues, internal investigations, and billing and coding analysis and investigations
- Defense of federal and state audits and contractor audits, including Medicare and Medicaid RAC and ZPIC audits
- Assists clients with EMTALA compliance and defense of EMTALA investigations and citations
- Past Chairperson of the South Carolina Bar’s Health Care Law Section
- Health Care Compliance Association
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
Rate : $$$$