Alicia F. Castro is a Partner in the Houston office of Locke Lord LLP where she concentrates her practice in business litigation, securities litigation, internal and government investigations, and arbitration.
She has a wide range of litigation experience including in the energy, chemical, electric, banking, and financial services industries in actions involving securities violations, fiduciary issues, fraud, negligence, fraudulent transfer, breach of contract, and the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
Fluent in Spanish, she has also led numerous internal investigations concerning the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and she has advised clients with respect to compliance matters such as agent retention issues under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other relevant law, and export-import issues regarding sanctioned countries.
Representative Experience :
- Numerous Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations centered in Latin America and the Middle East
- Representations of multiple oil & gas companies in private arbitration and in the Southern District of Texas concerning Gulf of Mexico decommissioning liabilities
- Successful defense of private equity company in JAMS arbitration arising from investor’s allegations of breach of fiduciary duty and securities fraud
- Obtained Rule 12(b)(6) dismissal of outside directors of oil & gas company against claims of breach of fiduciary duty, conspiracy, and aiding & abetting claims
- Secured dismissal with prejudice of retail customer’s claims against Retail Electric Provider asserting breach of contract and violation of the Texas DTPA
- Defended numerous claims for fraudulent transfer, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, negligence, and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act for various clients in the energy, chemical, electric, banking, and financial services industries
Professional History :
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP (2018-Present)
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP (2013-2017)
- Associate, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP, Houston (2010-2013)
Professional Affiliations :
- Co-Chair, Houston Bar Association John J. Eikenburg Law Week Fun Run Committee (2019)
- Member, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- J.D., with honors, University of Chicago Law School, 2009
- B.A., Political Science and Economics, Amherst College, 2006
Admissions : Texas
Admitted To Practice : U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$