A native San Franciscan, Alicia J. Donahue co-chairs the firm’s Product Liability Litigation Practice Group and served as the managing partner of the San Francisco office from 2005-2011. For more than 30 years Alicia has represented drug and device manufacturers in complex litigations, coordinated proceedings and MDLs throughout the country.
Alicia currently serves as the firm’s Relationship Partner for Pfizer, Inc., Roche, Genentech and AbbVie, Inc., for which she also serves as national MDL counsel.
In addition, Alicia represents these companies in mass tort litigation throughout the country. She also represents Bayer in various California litigations, including Mirena and Cipro.
In 2006, she represented Philip Morris in a 10-week trial of a case brought by an individual smoker with lung cancer in which Philip Morris received a unanimous defense verdict.
Alicia has a broad range of litigation experience and is well-known to local judges, arbitrators and lawyers on both sides of the bar in multiple practice areas.
Prior to joining Shook in 2000, Alicia was at Sedgwick, where she worked on a variety of drug and device cases, including acting as Regional Counsel for Bristol Myers Squibb, coordinating the defense of individual breast implant cases in 6 states: California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, New Mexico and Arizona.
While at Sedgwick, Alicia tried five cases on behalf of the Dalkon Shield Claimants’ Trust. Early in her career and before joining Sedgwick, Alicia served as local counsel on the DES litigation in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law, 1984
- B.S., University of California, Berkeley, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- American Bar Association
- Inaugural Chair, Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Section, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Bioscience General Committee (2017-2018)
- Vice-Chair, Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Section, Products Liability General Committee (2017-2018)
- Member, Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Section, General Committee Board Standing Committee (2017-2018)
- Defense Research Institute
- National Association of Women Judges, Advisory Committee (Former)
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- San Francisco Bar Association
- De Marillac Academy, Trustee
- St. Ignatius College Preparatory, Trustee
- The O’Shea Foundation, Director
Rate : $$$$