Alina A. Gomez is an attorney in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Business Litigation practice group. Alina’s practice focuses on general and business litigation matters. She previously served as a Judicial Intern for The Honorable Robert N. Scola, Jr., U.S. District Judge for the Southern District of Florida.
Prior to starting law school, she worked for one year in the Racial Justice Program of the American Civil Liberties Union’s National Headquarters in New York City, gaining litigation experience.
Her past experience also includes internships for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida, the Miami-Dade County State Attorney’s Office, the Department of Homeland Security at the Port of Miami and the office of Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen.
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Recipient, Scholars in Law Merit Award
- Washington University Journal of Law and Policy
- Executive Articles Editor, 2017-2018
- Staff Editor, 2016-2017
- Public Service Advisory Board
- Co-President, 2016-2017
- Pro Bono Committee Member, 2015-2016
- Honors – Civil Rights, Community Justice, and Mediation Clinic, Spring 2017
- Participant, Program in International and Comparative Business Law
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany, Fall 2017
- Davidson College, B.A., Anthropology, 2014
- Participant, Davidson in Shanghai Program at Fudan University, Fall 2012
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Carrollton Alumni Lawyer’s Association
Rate : $$$