Alison E. George joined Ropes & Gray’s real estate investments & transactions group in 2012. Ali has a wide range of experience in transactional real estate matters, and focuses especially in real estate joint ventures, investments and finance, including domestic and international repurchase facility structures. Throughout her career, Ali has represented hedge funds, REITs, institutional investors, endowments, operators and developers.
- JD, cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2006; Richard S. Sullivan Award
- BA, Bowdoin College, 2003
- Massachusetts, 2007
- New York, 2007
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES :
- Trustee, Bowdoin College
- Lecturer of Environmental Law and Policy, Boston College (spring 2006)
- Represents Harvard Management Company, the investment advisor for the Harvard University endowment in joint ventures, acquisitions and dispositions, development, and financings of various real estate assets, including timber and natural resource assets.
- Representation of capital partner in purchase of LP interests in three-party venture holding underlying portfolio of two dozen multifamily properties throughout San Francisco valued in excess of $300 million.
- Representation of Pine Street Inn pro bono in its acquisition, structuring and redevelopment of properties in Brookline, Massachusetts using equity, private construction financing and tax credit investment structures.
- Representation of capital partner in multi-party JV with preferred equity features, for the redevelopment of a multi-parcel assemblage in San Francisco.
- Represented an international investor in acquisition of a controlling interest in a U.S. sports franchise and a minority interest in the development of a new arena.
- Represented a real estate private equity fund in its acquisition of a major New York City landmark, including transferable development rights.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Ali practiced at a major international firm in its New York and Washington D.C. offices.
Rate : $$$