Alison Lecker’s practice focuses on environmental compliance, transactions, remediation advice, and litigation. She handles a wide range of environmental litigation, including Superfund litigation, governmental enforcement defense litigation, and private cleanup cost recovery litigation.
She has experience in environmental regulatory counseling, including permitting and regulatory compliance assistance in areas of hazardous waste, air pollution control, water pollution control, toxic substances control, toxics in packaging, occupational safety, and health.
Her practice also includes environmental transactional work, including environmental due diligence and drafting transaction documents. She has helped companies manage their environmental liabilities and implement environmental compliance programs.
Previously, Alison served as assistant regional counsel for Region 3 of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, where she represented the EPA in civil enforcement actions. She calls upon her experience at the EPA to help clients faced with enforcement actions. Alison also has experience representing a Fortune 10 company on health and safety, air, water, and waste compliance issues.
Alison earned her Bachelor of Arts from Syracuse University in 2004 and her J.D. from Temple University, Beasley School of Law in 2008. While in law school, Alison was a member of the Temple Law Review and co-chair of Temple’s Environmental Law Society. Following law school, Alison served as a law clerk for the Honorable Ronald E. Bookbinder, Assignment Judge of the New Jersey Superior Court in Burlington County.
- Represented Eurofins Scientific SE in its $670 million acquisition of Covance Food Solutions from Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LabCorp). The transaction drew on the experience of Cozen O’Connor’s corporate, litigation, employee benefits and executive compensation, intellectual property, antitrust, and utility, environmental, and energy attorneys.
- Represented Spell Capital Partners, LLC in its acquisition of Viking Engineering & Development, Inc., a manufacturer of automated wood pallet and bedding manufacturer equipment. The transaction drew on the experience of the firm’s corporate, employee benefits, tax, real estate, intellectual property, and environmental attorneys.
- Represented WWSC Holdings, LLC, one of the largest structural steel fabrication and erection companies in North America, in connection with the acquisition by Alleghany Capital Corporation of a majority interest in the company. This significant transaction drew upon the experience of the firm’s corporate, tax, labor and employment, benefits, and environmental attorneys.
- Temple University—James E. Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Syracuse University, B.A., 2004
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey; New York; Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — New Jersey
- Honorable Ronald E. Bookbinder, Supreme Court of New Jersey
Rate : $$$$