Alison Schary represents and counsels clients on a wide range of issues in media and intellectual property law, including libel, privacy, copyright, newsgathering, and First Amendment matters. Alison regularly defends clients against claims for defamation, privacy, and newsgathering torts, and she has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in intellectual property matters.
Alison also advises newspaper, magazine, website, television, and book-publishing clients on pre-publication and pre-broadcast legal issues.
Professional & Community Activities:
- ABA Forum on Communications Law, Training & Development Committee
- Pre-Publication Review Committee, Media Law Resource Center
- Media Law Committee, DC Bar
- Steering Committee for the Arts, Entertainment, Media and Sports, DC Bar
- Vice-Chair, D.C. Bar Arts, Entertainment, Media and Sports Section
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2008
- Editor-in-Chief, International Law Journal
- Research Assistant, Citizen Media Law Project, Berkman Center for Internet & Society
- M.Phil., Anglo-Irish Literature, Trinity College Dublin, 2005
- Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholar
- B.A., English, Yale University, 2004, magna cum laude
- Copy Editor, Yale Daily News
Rate : $$$