Alison J. Stimac focuses her practice on trademark and copyright law. She counsels clients on transactional and litigation matters involving all aspects of domestic and international trademark and branding matters, copyright, advertising, Internet, social media, licensing, promotions, and marketing matters. Ali’s practice involves management of global and domestic trademark portfolios, trademark registrations and prosecutions with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, inter partesproceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, trademark enforcement, assignments, license agreements, sweepstakes and contest rules, social media issues, copyright registrations, and resolution of domain name disputes. Ali has represented brand owners in the food and beverage, adhesive, insurance, software, and consumer packaged goods industries as well as professional athletes.
Prior to joining the firm, Ali was an intellectual property associate and then a partner at a law firm based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Previously, she served as Senior Counsel at CareerBuilder, LLC in Chicago, Illinois. With experience as an attorney in both corporate and law firm settings, Ali brings a unique, combined business and legal perspective to the issues her clients face.
While attending the University of Cincinnati College of Law, Ali was a member of its Moot Court Board.
- *Represented an adhesive company in an investigation by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regarding compliance with FTC statutes and the FTC’s “Enforcement Policy Statement on U.S. Origin Claims”, which was closed by the staff without formal action.
- *Experience gained by attorney prior to joining Kilpatrick Townsend
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D. (2004) Dean’s List
- Indiana University, B.A., Journalism (2001)Dean’s List
- Georgia (2018)
- Ohio (2004)
- Texas (2007)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$