Alison Yew is a U.S. immigration attorney whose office is in San Jose. She immigrated from Hong Kong with her family as a child, and grew up in Southern California. In 1988, Alison graduated from the University of California, San Diego, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology. In 1994, she earned her Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Francisco School of Law.
Alison has now been licensed and practicing law for over 20 years. Most of this time, Alison practiced as a civil litigator with extensive trial court experience, and was a partner with a national civil litigation law firm.
During this time, Alison saw the need to provide immigration related hiring and employment advice to her corporate clients, and took steps to develop the law firm’s immigration law practice group. In 2013, she founded the Law Office of Alison Yew, focusing on business and family immigration.
As an immigration attorney in San Jose, Alison has successfully helped companies and businesses hire highly skilled foreign workers, utilizing employment-based petitions for temporary and permanent work visas.
She has helped USCIS understand the need for extraordinary talents in the United States and thus assisted with obtaining residency and temporary status for professional athletes, stage/movie performers, TV and film directors, musicians and choreographers to remain and conduct their expert trade in the United States.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology, University of California, San Diego
- Juris Doctor degree , The University of San Francisco School of Law.
- California State Bar Association, Member
- While in law school, Alison won an award for the best Moot Court Brief in her class
- Intern for the California Court of Appeal, with now-Supreme Court Justice Kathryn M. Werdegar.
Rate : $$$