Alissa K. Lugo focuses on securities, corporate governance and general corporate law, with a concentration on representing public companies. Her experience includes advising and counseling boards of directors and corporate senior management of public and private companies on the disclosure requirements under the federal securities laws; compliance with SEC and stock exchange requirements; executive compensation; investor relations; and corporate governance best practices.
Alissa also guides them in conducting private and public offerings of equity (preferred stock and common stock), debt and equity-linked securities.
- Represents corporate and partnership issuers in public and private equity and debt securities offerings, including preparing registration statements, private placement memoranda and other offering documents, coordinating all required filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the various state securities divisions in connection with such offerings, and advising clients in conducting offerings.
- Regularly manages the annual shareholder meeting process for public companies, including the preparation of proxy materials.
- Represented a NASDAQ-listed company in multiple private placement offerings of common stock and warrants to purchase common stock. Prepared and coordinated filings with the SEC and various state securities divisions in connection with such offering, including the filing of resale registration statements.
- Advises a NASDAQ-listed company on the requirements of the Conflict Minerals Rule, including assisting the client in developing a compliance plan and preparing its annual Conflict Minerals Report.
- Regularly advised public companies on executive compensation matters, including matters related to proxy disclosure, say-on-pay proposals and CD&A best practices.
- Represents public companies during reverse stock split process, reverse mergers, short-form mergers, and other restructurings and organizations.
Memberships : American Bar Association
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society Mid Florida Chapter: Board of Trustees (Vice-Chair-Elect of Board of Trustees; Chair of Community Engagement Committee)
- Orange County Community Action Board
- Leadership Orlando, Class 87
- Young Professionals Advisory Council (2012 to 2013)
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2006
- B.S.B.A., University of Florida, 2003, cum laude
Admissions : Florida
Rate : $$$