Aliza Pescovitz Malouf’s practice focuses on financial institution consumer protection compliance and related litigation. Aliza regularly defends financial institutions in litigation involving lending practices and federal and state consumer financial services laws, and advises clients on a variety of compliance issues, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and its state counterparts, Fair Credit Reporting Act, as well as allegations of violations of state common law relating to lending and collection activities.
A skilled negotiator, Aliza has successfully obtained favorable resolutions on behalf of financial institutions facing significant exposure in consumer claims in both federal and state courts across the country.
Aliza is a member of the state bars of Texas, New York, Indiana, and Florida. She is also admitted to practice before the US District Courts for the Northern District of Texas, Southern District of Texas, Eastern District of Texas, Western District of Texas, Northern District of Indiana, Southern District of Indiana, Northern District of Illinois and the District of Nebraska.
- Represented national mortgage servicer and student loan servicer in lawsuits and arbitrations seeking damages under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Advised national mortgage servicer regarding compliance with Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, and related policies and procedures.
- Defended financial institutions, including mortgage lenders and student loan lenders in litigation asserting claims under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Counseled national mortgage servicer on responses to consumer complaints filed through the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and State Attorney Generals Offices.
- Negotiated very favorable settlements for clients facing potentially significant exposure under state and federal consumer protection statutes.
- Managed large scale document review projects and has general familiarity with many of the most common document review portals, resulting in efficient, streamlined, and cost-effective e-discovery.
- BA, Anthropology, New York University, magna cum laude, 2006
- New York
Rate : $$$