Allan G. King combines his expertise in employment law with his prior experience as a labor economist to handle statistical issues that typically arise in class action and “pattern and practice” cases. He assesses clients’ practices involving hiring, promotion and pay and proposed reductions-in-force for adverse impact.
In these efforts, Allan works closely with testifying and consulting experts in economics and statistics, and his experience as a labor economist permits him to identify the experts best suited to a particular matter. He also is equipped to effectively rebut opposing expert testimony and, in several cases, has filed successful Daubert motions attacking expert testimony.
Allan also has extensive experience conducting pay equity audits for all types of employers, from start-ups to Fortune 50 companies, and helped develop the Littler Pay Equity Assessment™, including counseling employers on a broad range of state and federal issues related to pay equity, from compliance, to updating policies and job descriptions, to training managers and recruiters, and more.
Allan is a member of Littler’s Board of Directors and is a frequent speaker on continuing legal education programs. He is board certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 1986
- Ph.D., Cornell University, 1972
- M.S., Cornell University, 1969
- B.A., City College of New York, 1967
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$