T. Allen McConnell focuses on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and securities regulation for public and private companies in Texas, Colorado and across the country.
He has significant experience representing buyers and sellers of businesses, counseling public companies in connection with SEC compliance and disclosure matters, assisting issuers and underwriters in initial public and secondary offerings, and advising companies and their representatives in other capital raising techniques.
Allen’s diverse background includes nearly 20 years in private practice with well-respected law firms in Dallas and almost 10 years as the chief legal officer for a Nasdaq-traded financial services company based in Denver.
- Represent private equity firm in its acquisition of more than a dozen retail, food service, manufacturing and health care companies over the past approximate 10 years with a total deal value of more than $500 million.
- Represent Nasdaq-traded financial institution in its merger of equals transaction with another Nasdaq-traded financial institution with total deal value of more than $1 billion.
- Represent private investor group in their consolidation of media and technology service companies, and their later sale of same with total deal value of more than $100 million.
- Represent private equity portfolio companies in more than a half dozen “add on” acquisitions over the past 10 years.
- Represent private equity firm in its disposition of multiple portfolio companies over the last 10 years with total deal value of more than $100 million.
- Represent Nasdaq-traded financial institution in its acquisition of multiple privately held financial institutions with total deal value of approximately $150 million.
- Represent privately held company in animal identification business in its acquisition of multiple targets in the same industry ober the last 10 years, including a division of a Nasdaq-traded target, for total deal value of approximately $35 million.
- Represent public financial institution in the disposition for approximately $60 million of the self-directed IRA business of one of its principal subsidiaries.
- Represent private financial institution in its sale for approximately $300 million to overseas buyer.
- Represent family-owned company in the manufacturing industry in strategic sale for approximately $50 million.
- Represent Nasdaq-traded financial institution in multiple public and private offerings of securities, including in connection with acquisitions, the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), issance of Trust Preferred Securties, and shelf offerings.
- Represent financial services issuer in initial public offering for approximately $60 million in proceeds and subsequent public and Rule 144A offerings for approximately $275 million in proceeds.
- Represent financial institution issuer in initial public offering for approximately $20 million in proceeds and subsequent public offerings for approximately $50 million in proceeds.
- Represent underwriters in initial public offering by retail manufacturer for approximately $20 million in proceeds.
- Represent underwriters in multiple secondary offerings by death care provider for total proceeds of more than $300 million.
- As chief legal officer, represent Nasdaq-listed financial institution in more than a dozen public and private offerings of securities and joint ventures, acquisitions and divestitures related to strategic portions of its and its subsidiaries businesses.
- JD, Texas Tech University, magna cum laude, 1992
- BA, Washington and Lee University, cum laude, 1989
Rate : $$$