Allison C. Ambrose advises public and private companies on corporate governance issues, securities law compliance, debt and equity financing, mergers and acquisitions, licensing and collaboration arrangements, and other general corporate matters.
Her clients include Fortune 500 companies, academic institutions, venture capital and private equity investors, and corporate issuers and major investment banks in capital markets transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Allison worked as an analyst for a high-growth technology startup and the U.S. Department of Energy. During law school, she worked for the World Bank and in the Office of the General Counsel for the U.S. Department of Energy. Allison also served as editor-in-chief of the Georgetown Journal of International Law.
- JD, cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2013; editor-in-chief,Georgetown Journal of International Law; CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Corporate Governance
- BA (English and Sociology), summa cum laude, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 2006
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 2013
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES : Boston Bar Association
- Represented a leading global medical technology company in the divestiture of its Advanced Bioprocessing business to Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. for $477 million.
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in its collaboration with T2 Biosystems, Inc. to develop a diagnostic panel to detect antibiotic resistance.
- Represented a global semiconductor company in its implementation of domestic and international licensing and cost sharing relationships.
- Represented Hutchison China MediTech Limited (Chi-Med), a China-based health care group and one of the largest biotech companies in Asia, in its $101 million U.S. IPO and listing on NASDAQ. BofA Merrill Lynch and Deutsche Bank Securities acted as joint book runners for this offering.
- Represented underwriter Goldman, Sachs & Co. in a $370 million secondary offering of Bloomin’ Brands, Inc., one of the world’s largest casual dining restaurant companies.
- Represented The TJX Companies, Inc., the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, in its public offering of $750 million of notes.
Rate : $$$