Allison Bekavac represents employers in disputes before administrative agencies, state courts, and federal courts throughout Florida. Allison’s experience includes representing management in litigation of claims arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Florida Civil Rights Act, and claims involving whistleblowers and retaliation.
Allison also counsels employers on Florida’s medical marijuana laws, as well as day-to-day employment issues, including investigations, discipline, terminations, employee handbooks, and compliance.
Prior to joining Littler, Allison practiced management-side employment litigation at a large Florida law firm. Before dedicating her practice exclusively to employment law, Allison worked in insurance defense litigation and as an assistant public defender.
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 2013
- M.B.A., University of Central Florida, 2018
- B.A., University of Central Florida, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Board Member, City of Orlando Families, Parks, and Recreation Citizen Advisory Board
- Member, Law Related Education Committee, Florida Bar, 2017-2020
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section and Business Law Section, Florida Bar
- Member, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Florida Bar, 2016-2017
Rate : $$$