Allison M. Binkley focuses her practice on serving as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel and purchaser’s counsel on general obligation financings, utility revenue financings, special obligation financings and tax increment financings.
Her client base includes the State of Ohio, counties, municipalities, townships, port authorities, school districts, state universities, trustees, financial institutions, investment banking firms and letter of credit banks. Allison also serves as bond counsel on 501(c)(3) and healthcare conduit financings.
Allison is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Ohio Government Finance Officers Association and a member of the education committee. She frequently presents at public finance conferences including the Ohio Government Finance Officers Association and the Ohio Treasurer of State’s Center for Public Investment Management.
She is also a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers. In her spare time, Allison serves as an adjunct professor at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where she teaches a transactional practice course.
Prior to beginning her legal career, Allison served as an economist for the Ohio Legislative Service Commission. In that position, she staffed the Senate Finance and Financial Institutions Committee for which she drafted amendments to and coordinated the State of Ohio’s biennial operating and capital budget bills.
- The Ohio State University, J.D., editor-in-chief, Ohio State Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal, 2007
- The Ohio State University, M.A., 2000
- Grove City College, B.A., cum laude, 1999
Admissions : Ohio, 2007
- Serves as bond counsel to counties, municipalities, townships, port authorities and school districts in Ohio in the authorization and issuance of municipal securities.
- Serves as bond counsel on revenue financings for municipal water and sewer systems.
- Serves as counsel to banks and financial institutions for the purchase of municipal securities.
- Served as underwriter’s counsel for a major convention center hotel financing.
- Serves as issuer counsel and disclosure counsel in financings by the State of Ohio.
Rate : $$$