Allison Vagner’s practice is focused on domestic and foreign patent preparation and prosecution and related intellectual property issues in support of developing and commercializing technologies from industry, academia, and research institutions.
She is a registered patent agent with broad technical strength in the physical sciences, with a particular emphasis on technologies related to chemistry, biochemistry, biology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, materials science, nanotechnology, and energy.
Allison’s extensive scientific and professional background allows her to work with client teams at all levels, including scientists, technology managers, and executives, in order to develop focused and cost-effective strategies for specific patent families and across broader patent portfolios. She also provides intellectual property due diligence, counseling related to patent matters, and freedom-to-operate analyses.
Prior to joining the firm, Allison’s professional focus was on intellectual property management and business development, including working with government, industry, and academia to build international scientific collaborations and partnerships. Her research experience includes seven years of laboratory research in the fields of polymer chemistry, immunological biochemistry, and protein chemistry.
- Research & Development Officer, U.K. Trade and Investment (British Consulate), Chicago
- Manager of Business Development, PatentVest / MDB Capital Group, Santa Monica, Calif.
- Graduate Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
- Research Chemist, Lumera Corp., Bothell, Wash.
- M.A., Chemistry, University of Southern California, 2004
- B.S., Chemistry, University of Washington, 2000
Rate : $$$