Allison Land is the head of the M&A/Corporate Group in Skadden’s Wilmington office. She has a diverse corporate practice with extensive experience in joint ventures, Delaware corporate and alternative entity law, and mergers and acquisitions.
Repeatedly selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Ms. Land is praised by her clients “for knowing the Delaware Code inside out” (2014 edition). She advises in all areas of Delaware corporate and alternative entity law, focusing on Delaware laws governing limited liability companies and limited partnerships.
She has counseled clients on the use of Delaware alternative entities in connection with joint ventures, equity investments, serializing, spin-offs, REIT conversions, acquisitions, financings, reorganizations and securities offerings. In joint ventures, Ms. Land recently represented:
- NextEra Energy Partners in connection with a strategic equity portfolio financing arrangement with a fund managed by BlackRock Global Energy & Power Infrastructure to finance a $1.28 billion acquisition;
- NextEra Energy, Inc. in connection with the formation and expansion of a joint venture with EQT Corporation to construct, develop and operate the MVP natural gas pipeline that will run over 300 miles through West Virginia and Virginia and a related lateral expansion;
- Plum Creek Timber Co. Inc. in the formation of a joint venture with several institutional investors that will be managed by Silver Creek Capital Management and own a portfolio of U.S. timberlands;
- NextEra in connection with its formation of a joint venture with Spectra Energy Corp to construct, develop and operate a $3 billion natural gas pipeline that will run 465 miles from Alabama to Florida, bringing natural gas to utilities in the state of Florida; and
- Tower Research, LLC in connection with the formation of a joint venture with Credit Suisse relating to the trading of fixed-income securities.
Ms. Land serves on the Council of the Delaware Corporation Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association and the Alternative Entity subcommittee of the Corporation Law Council, which is responsible for reviewing and recommending revisions to the Delaware General Corporation Law and the Delaware Limited Liability Company Act, Limited Partnership Act and General Partnership Act, respectively.
- Council of the Delaware Corporation Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association
- Chair, Alternative Entity Subcommittee of the Corporation Law Council of the Delaware State Bar Association
- J.D., Ohio State University College of Law, 1992 (summa cum laude); Managing Editor, The Ohio State Law Journal
- B.S., Lehigh University, 1988
Rate : $$$$