Allison Nelson focuses her national practice on representing healthcare systems in complex real estate transactions and mergers and acquisitions. In the healthcare sector, Allison negotiates compliant sales and acquisitions, joint venture developments, and leases, ground leases, and subleases.
She partners with clients to build and improve systems to manage real estate portfolios to ensure compliance with federal and state healthcare regulatory laws. She is also experienced in navigating clients through real estate compliance investigations by the U.S. Office of Inspector General (OIG).
Allison guides clients in retail, industrial, office, mixed-use, and home builder sectors, through all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisition, entitlement, development, financing, and disposition.
She represents both landlords and tenants in negotiation of master leases, ground leases, leases, and subleases for office parks, industrial centers, retail centers, anchor locations, and distribution and warehouse space. She has served as lender’s counsel in commercial real estate transactions for national lenders and as receiver’s counsel for court-appointed receivers of retail, office, multi-family, and other commercial properties.
Notable Work :
- University System: Represented a university system in a joint venture development of a $500 million rehab hospital.
- National Nonprofit Healthcare System: Represented a national nonprofit healthcare system in a $1.2 billion acquisition of a hospital system that included five hospital campuses and various off campus properties.
- Healthcare System Transactions: Represent healthcare systems in acquisitions, leasing, joint-venture development, and disposition of ambulatory and urgent care centers, hospitals, MOBs, radiology and other labs, surgical centers, diagnostic facilities, senior living facilities, and retail medical space.
- Distressed Commercial Properties: Represent court-appointed receivers for distressed commercial properties in multiple foreclosure transactions.
- Commercial Loan Transactions: Represent a national institutional lender in over 30 commercial loan transactions in South Florida.
- Residential Development: Represent national homebuilders in the development of single-family homes and master planned communities throughout Florida and Colorado.
- Urban Mixed-Use Development: Represented developers of urban residential mixed-use, high-rise condominium projects in Denver.
- Eminent Domain: Represented an industrial manufacturer in eminent domain negotiations in connection with the development of the RTD light rail system in Colorado.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1999, with high honors; Order of the Coif, Florida Law Review; Environmental Policy and Management Certificate, College of Environmental Engineering
- B.A., University of North Florida, English Literature, 1995, magna cum laude
Bar Admissions : Colorado; Florida
Professional Experience : Florida Coastal School of Law, Professor, 1999
Rate : $$$$