Allison Scott Roach focuses her practice on trademark, copyright, and consumer product safety issues. She has experience in federal trademark, trade dress, and copyright infringement litigation, international and domestic trademark portfolio management and enforcement work, and counseling in Consumer Product Safety compliance. She also regularly practices before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Ms. Roach has been recognized in 2018 and the four years immediately preceding as a Georgia “Rising Star” in the area of Intellectual Property by Super Lawyers magazine.
- Represents a California-based Fortune 500 multinational corporation that designs and manufactures consumer electronics and computer software products in trademark enforcement work, including lead counsel representation of client in multiple proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Retained to defend independent software developer on a pro bono basis against former law firm employer that alleged copyright infringement, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and trade secret theft. Negotiated a favorable settlement for the software developer that resulted in a dismissal of all claims, as well as permitting the software developer to sell the accused software product. Esbin & Alter, LLP v. Zappier et al., No. 1:08-cv-00313 (S.D.N.Y. filed Jan. 14, 2008).
- Served as lead counsel in representing Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., actor/writer Adam Sandler and writer Judd Apatow, et al., in a copyright, trademark and unfair competition suit in federal court in New York. The firm successfully obtained summary judgment of copyright and trademark rights on behalf of Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., rejecting claims of film and advertising infringements and lighting the way for the movie You Don’t Mess With The Zohan. The Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit affirmed the district court’s grant of summary judgment to our client.
- Cabell v. Sony Pictures Entm’t, Inc. 714 F. Supp. 2d 452 (S.D.N.Y. 2010), aff’d, No. 10-2690-CV, 2011 U.S. App. LEXIS 13057 (2d Cir. June 24, 2011).
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D. (2008)cum laude
- University of Georgia, A.B., English and Studio Art (2005) summa cum laude
- Georgia (2008)
- Georgia Supreme Court (2009)
- Georgia Court of Appeals (2009)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (2009)
Rate : $$$$