Allison B. Stein is an of counsel litigator with Munger, Tolles & Olson. Since joining the firm in 1989, she has focused her practice on general business, media and entertainment litigation and civil appeals. Ms. Stein has handled a variety of complex business litigation matters through trial. She also has experience representing national law firms in cases alleging transactional and litigation malpractice as well as malicious prosecution.
Ms. Stein has a long history of representing major entertainment clients. She has represented NBC Universal, Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros., Univision Communications Inc. and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. Ms. Stein also has an extensive appellate practice. She has argued cases before the California Supreme Court and the California Courts of Appeal.
She received her J.D. degree from UCLA School of Law in 1976 and received her Bachelor of Arts degree and graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of California, Berkeley. From 1976-1982, Ms. Stein served on the Governor’s Advisory Committee on Juvenile Justice and Delinquency.
Key Representations :
- NBC Universal, in attaining favorable settlements in two putative class actions alleging age discrimination against television writers by all the major TV networks, studios and talent agencies.
- The Boeing Co., in its successful defense against a $7 billion breach of contract, fraud and tortious interference claims brought by ICO Global Communications Holdings related to construction and launch of 12 satellites for a telecommunications network.
- An American Lawyer 20 law firm, trying and defeating a $2 billion legal malpractice claim against them.
- UCLA School of Law (J.D., 1976)
- UC Berkeley (A.B., 1972) Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : California
Rate : $$$$