Allison M. Stowell is a senior associate in Mayer Brown’s New York office and a member of its International Arbitration practice. She concentrates in international arbitration of Latin American disputes. She represents clients in the energy, construction and banking and finance industries in complex international commercial disputes, and has appeared in arbitrations administered by the ICDR, ICC and JAMS.
She has also represented US and foreign clients in New York state and federal courts, including in matters associated with arbitration such as the enforcement of arbitral awards and challenges to discovery and forum. She is fluent in Portuguese.
Allison has represented pro bono victims of human trafficking in asserting trafficking claims against their employers. From 2009 to 2010, she served as a clerk for Judge Susan P. Read of the New York Court of Appeals. Allison joined Mayer Brown in 2008.
- The University of Chicago Law School, JD
- Brigham Young University, BA, magna cum laude
- New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Represents a Latin American state-owned oil and gas company in an ICDR arbitration and related federal litigation regarding breaches of representations and warranties involving tax, environmental, labor, and other liabilities under a stock purchase agreement.
- Represented a Korean cable company in a dispute involving contract price and schedule adjustments in connection with the construction of wind turbines.
- Represented Brazilian bioethanol companies in a dispute under technology transfer and equipment supply contracts in connection with the construction of a bioethanol plant.
- Represented a Brazilian oil and gas company in a breach of contract dispute regarding the construction of a floating platform storage and offloading vessel.
- Represents a North American financial institution in litigation in state court and parallel ICDR arbitration over breaches of an asset purchase and related agreements for the divestiture of an investment bank.
- Represented a Caribbean issuer of catastrophe bonds in an ICC arbitration regarding liability for a loss payment in the first-known dispute regarding catastrophe bonds.
- Represented a US environmental services company in an ICC arbitration against a Spanish seller over a purchase price adjustment, indemnification and breach of contract claims under a stock purchase agreement.
- Represented a US real estate investor in an expedited JAMS arbitration asserting breach of a settlement agreement.
- Represented a Middle Eastern recreation company in New York federal court in asserting jurisdiction and forum non conveniens defenses.
Rate : $$$$