Ally Hack has extensive experience in all aspects of complex commercial litigation, and has litigated in both federal and state courts. While not exclusively, he has particular experience in the real estate context, including commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes, as well as cooperative and condominium matters, and generally handles cases from inception through conclusion.
Ally advises a wide variety of real estate clients, including developers, building owners, tenants, and purchasers and sellers of real property. In addition, Ally frequently lectures and writes on various topics regarding real estate law and has been published numerous times in the New York Law Journal.
Ally earned his undergraduate degree, magna cum laude, from the University of New Mexico, Phi Beta Kappa. He earned his law degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where, among other accolades, he was a member of the Arts and Entertainment Law Journal. Ally is fluent in Arabic and proficient in Spanish.
- Successfully defended a net lessee against claims made by its landlord and net lessor for millions of dollars allegedly due under a net lease.
- Successfully defended a mortgage holder against an effort by a major financial institution to have the conveyance through which the client obtained the mortgage declared fraudulent and void.
- Secured a seven-figure settlement on behalf of a commercial property owner to conclude two lawsuits filed against lessees who defaulted on a lease by failing to pay rent and certain additional charges due thereunder. The first lawsuit sought money damages under the lease, while the second sought damages flowing from an alleged fraudulent conveyance of assets.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, J.D., 2004
- University of New Mexico, B.A., magna cum laude, 2000
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- New York Supreme Court
- New York Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- Association of Muslim American Lawyers
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York – MENA Committee (Middle Eastern and North African Affairs)
- New York County Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$