Allyn G. Turner concentrates her practice in the areas of environmental law, environmental litigation, and environmental policy issues. Her practice involves permitting, enforcement, state and federal water issues, coal and non-coal NPDES permitting, SMCRA issues, and CWA Section 404 permitting and 401 certification issues.
She represents coal, oil and gas, industrial, municipal and commercial interests on environmental matters, including state Environmental Quality Board (“EQB”) and Surface Mine Board (“SMB”) appeals, state and federal court litigation, and assisting clients’ involvement in legislative and rulemaking processes.
Ms. Turner also has extensive regulatory experience, having previously served as Director of the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection’s Division of Water and Waste Management as well as the Department’s Managing Attorney for its Office of Legal Services.
- Represented numerous coal, oil and gas, industrial, and municipal clients in administrative and civil litigation related to NPDES permitting, water quality standards, WVSCMRA permitting, oil and gas permitting, state and federal compliance issues, and groundwater issues
- Represented industrial, commercial, energy, and municipal clients in stormwater compliance and permitting issues
- Represented clients on RCRA compliance and enforcement matters, as well as other solid waste and hazardous waste matters
- Assisted trade associations with environmental, legislative, and policy matters
- Represented a broad range of clients with environmental due diligence, drafting, and compliance reviews related to transactions
- Served as a state representative with the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Water assisting in the development of national water program goals and targets for EPA’s national strategic plan (2003)
- J.D. Wake Forest University School of Law
- B.A. Environmental Sciences, University of Virginia
- Section of Environment, Energy and Resources, American Bar Association
- Section of Environment, Energy and Resources, International Environmental Law, American Bar Association
- Trustee, Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- West Virginia Coal Association
- West Virginia Oil & Natural Gas Association
Rate : $$$$