Al Wickers focuses on media, IP, and entertainment law. On the litigation side of his practice, he and his team represent content creators and distributors in copyright, trademark, right of publicity, idea submission, defamation, invasion of privacy, and breach of contract disputes in federal and state courts across the country.
In addition, Al and his team provide 24/7 counseling on development, acquisition, and production issues, including chain of title and rights analyses, day-to-day production and clearance advice, production legal services, and pre-broadcast review for television networks, production companies, film studios, video game publishers, documentarians, and newspaper, book, and magazine publishers.
He also has extensive experience defending media organizations against subpoenas and prior restraints, gaining access to court proceedings and records, and litigating California Public Records Act, Freedom of Information Act, and Brown Act matters.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Instructor, “Law of Mass Communications,” Annenberg School for Communication, University of Southern California, Fall 2000-2007
- Founding Co-Chair, Media Law Resource Center, California Chapter
- Board of Trustees, Hollywood United Methodist Church
- ABA Forum on Communications Law
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 1993
- A.B., History, Harvard College, 1989, magna cum laude
Rate : $$$