Alton “Biff” Bayard, leader of the Firm’s Tax Group, represents individuals, professionals, business owners and businesses in tax planning, estate planning, structuring business acquisitions, estate administration and disputes.
Mr. Bayard received his LL.M. from Southern Methodist University in 1980, is Louisiana board certified in tax law since 1985 and in estate planning since 1997, and is recognized in Best Lawyers in America® since 1995 in the areas of Tax Law, Trusts and Estates, Non-Profit/Charities Law, Trusts and Estates Litigation, Litigation and Controversy – Tax, and Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law.
- Southern Methodist University, LL.M. in Taxation, 1980
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, J.D., 1976
- Louisiana State University, B.S. in Business Administration, 1975
ADMISSIONS : Louisiana, 1977
- Represented an executrix in litigation concerning the validity of testamentary trusts and dispositions.
- Defended the executor of an estate in litigation invalidating an attempted amendment to a trust document upsetting the decedent’s testamentary transfer plan.
- Represented the executrix of an estate in the negotiating, drafting and closing the sale of the estate’s interest in a limited liability company to the surviving member.
- Converted multiple C corporations to limited liability companies to be taxed as S corporations for federal purposes free of state franchise tax.
Rate : $$$