Alvan L. Bobrow provides counsel on state and local, federal, and international taxation to clients in the financial services, manufacturing, e-commerce, entertainment, and media sectors. Alvan’s extensive experience includes New York City and New York State, multistate, civil, and criminal tax matters. He has assisted high net worth individuals and celebrities with over 150 residency audits.
He counsels international companies locating operations in the United States and advises international and U.S.-based businesses on treaty permanent establishment and constitutional nexus issues. His criminal defense practice focuses on the investigations of both individuals and businesses in matters relating to tax fraud, unreported income, and tax shelter abuses.
Before entering private practice, Alvan was Vice President and General Tax Counsel for CBS, Inc. He has substantial experience working with senior government officials and legislative committees across the country to develop statutory provisions, regulations, and administrative solutions to complex business challenges. He is credited as the principal drafter of the national multistate income apportionment rules for broadcasters.
- LL.M. in Taxation, University of Miami, 1973
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1972, Brooklyn Law Review
- B.B.A., City University of New York, Accounting , 1969
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- New York City Bar Association, Member
- New York University, State and local Tax Study Group
- New York State Tax Department Financial Services Modernization Task Force
- New York State Tax Department Telecommunications/E‐Commerce Advisory Panel
- New York City Tax Commissioner’s Advisory Committee
- International Tax Discussion Group
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York Bar Associations, Member
- U.S. Coast Guard, Port Securityman
Rate : $$$$