Alvin Johnson’s transactional practice focuses on a variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity, cross-border transactions, corporate restructurings and other matters relating to general corporate and securities laws.
Alvin’s experience includes the representation of:
- a private equity firm in its acquisition of several medical professional practices;
- a private equity firm in its sale of a sporting goods and recreational products company;
- a private equity firm in its sale of a publishing company focused on providing children’s educational products;
- a private equity firm in its sale of a corporate call center focused on the sale of pharmaceutical products and health insurance offerings;
- a pharmaceutical company in its contracting with institutions and physicians to conduct clinical trials;
- a private equity firm in its acquisition of over fifty franchises; and
- a Fortune 100 company in its cross-border restructuring of certain of its divisions.
Alvin previously concentrated his practice on commercial litigation, including mass tort and qui tam litigation. Alvin’s mass tort practice focused on the defense of pharmaceutical companies in a variety of matters with an emphasis on complex, multi-jurisdictional product liability litigation.
Alvin’s qui tam practice focused on the defense in False Claims Act litigation of one of the largest providers of mortgage refinancing loans to veterans. During law school, Alvin externed with the Coca-Cola Company and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Upon earning his M.B.A., Alvin worked as a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative for Pfizer, Inc. In addition, Alvin owned and operated a Liberty Tax Service franchise in Orlando, Florida, handling both personal and business tax returns.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law 2012
- President and Vice-President, Black Law Students Association
- Moot Court Society, Best Oralist in an Intra-School Competition and Team Best Oralist at the regional level of the Saul Leftkowitz Intellectual Property Moot Court Competition
- M.B.A., Business Administration, Florida A & M University 2003
- B.A., Business Administration, Florida A & M University 2001
Rate : $$$