Alyson Gal is a member of Ropes & Gray’s finance and business restructuring groups. Alyson co-leads the lender-side practice of the firm’s finance group and is the former assistant head of the business restructuring group.
In her finance practice, Alyson focuses on junior capital and special situations lender representations in senior secured, unitranche, mezzanine, second lien, and distressed transactions, and she also represents middle market borrowers in financing transactions.
In her restructuring practice, she represents purchasers in 363 sales, DIP lenders and purchasers of distressed debt. Alyson is a guest lecturer on bankruptcy law at MIT’s Sloan School of Management, has taught commercial lending in the graduate banking program at Boston University School of Law, and was Vice Chair of the American Bar Association Model Intercreditor Task Force.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 1988
- BA, magna cum laude, Knox College, 1982
- New York, 2015
- Massachusetts, 1988
CLERKSHIPS : Honorable Walter Jay Skinner, U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Boston Bar Association
- Represented TPG Sixth Street Partners in connection with investment of up to $150 million in senior secured debt, convertible notes and warrants of Caris Life Sciences.
- Represented Skyline Champion Corporation, a portfolio company of Bain Capital Credit, Centerbridge Partners and MAK Capital, which manufactures modular homes, in connection with its $100 million senior secured revolving credit facility.
- Advised TPG Sixth Street Partners in connection with its acquisition of credit assets, including a part of Credit Suisse’s distressed credit portfolio for approximately $1.27 billion.
- Represented an investment firm and a group of subordinated note purchasers in a US$27.7 million issuance of senior subordinated notes of a food production company.
- Represented Mast Capital Management, LLC and other financial institutions in an out-of-court restructuring of Sonifi Solutions Inc.’s US $350 million term loan facilities, which included an amendment and restatement of such facilities and concurrent equity co-investments.
- Represented an investment firm in a US$35 million issuance of senior subordinated notes as part of a mezzanine financing.
- Advised Daughters of Charity Hospital System in connection with a US$125 million senior secured tax exempt bond bridge financing.
- Represented Highbridge Capital in connection with US$350 million second lien tranche of indebtedness issued in connection with financing of IPC Systems in 2014.
- Represented Hancock Capital Partners in a US$52 million issuance of senior subordinated notes of Phillips & Temro Industries.
- Represented GoldenTree Asset Management in debtor in possession and exit financing of Port Townshend Paper Company, as well as other private debt investments and restructuring transactions.
- Represents SVP Worldwide (Singer/Viking/Pfaff) in connection with senior secured and mezzanine cross border financings.
- Represented Palisades Associates as the acquirer of the assets of Communications Dynamics, Inc./TVC Communications, both through section 363 sales in bankruptcy.
Rate : $$$