Alyssa C. Burghardt’s practice focuses on education and employment matters, with emphasis in special education counseling and litigation. Alyssa has counseled and defended clients in claims brought under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII and the Equal Pay Act.
Alyssa previously practiced at Seyfarth Shaw LLP in Chicago, where she gained extensive experience representing public schools in special education matters, as well as defending public and private entities in employment-related matters. She maintains memberships in a number of Colorado and national education law associations, and is licensed to practice in Illinois, Colorado, with the U.S. Supreme Court, and multiple Courts of Appeals and District Courts throughout the country.
- Northwestern University School of Law. J.D.
- Wellesley College, B.A.
- University of Manchester, England, study abroad
Admittances & Licenses:
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
Associations & Memberships:
- Colorado Council of School Board Attorneys
- National Council of School Attorneys
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$