Alyssa DaCunha’s practice focuses on government and internal investigations and crisis management assistance. She has represented major corporations and individuals in criminal, civil and congressional matters, and has provided strategic counsel to companies facing complex regulatory issues at the intersection of law, policy and business.
Ms. DaCunha has particular experience in international anti-corruption issues and has represented both companies and individuals in corruption-related investigations and advised global financial institutions on anti-corruption policies and compliance.
Ms. DaCunha also maintains an active pro bono practice. She has represented a foster family seeking permanent guardianship of a foster child and has represented a Washington DC public charter school advocacy group in a funding equity suit.
Prior to beginning her legal studies, Ms. DaCunha worked at the Antitrust Division of the US Department of Justice and the US Embassy in Reykjavik, Iceland. Ms. DaCunha served as a US delegate to the 2014 American Council on Germany Young Leaders Program.
- Representing a global financial institution in connection with a congressional investigation relating to offshore banking by US taxpayers and cross-border business practices
- Obtaining total dismissal with prejudice of all claims against Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, who was sued (in his personal capacity) by the SEC for securities fraud
- Counseling a global financial institution on anti-corruption policies and conducting training in new policies and procedures
- Advising a major activist hedge fund in connection with a Senate Aging Committee inquiry regarding drug price increases
- Advising an asset management firm in conjunction with a congressional investigation into high-frequency trading practices
- Representing several entities and individuals in FCPA and corruption-related investigations
- Representing a former senior aide to Senator John Edwards in a federal criminal trial
- Representing a renewable energy company facing a congressional inquiry relating to the Department of Energy loan-guarantee program.
- JD, George Mason University School of Law, 2010
- BA, International Affairs, The George Washington University, 2006
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, Virginia
CLERKSHIPS : The Hon. J.L. Edmondson, US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2010 – 2011
Rate : $$$