Alyssa K. Sandrowitz is an attorney in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice. She is a registered patent attorney who has been helping clients develop and execute comprehensive patent strategies to leverage their IP to achieve their business goals for over a decade.
Alyssa’s practice includes all aspects of intellectual property litigation, prosecution and counseling. She uses her engineering background to represent clients in a variety of technologies including semiconductor design and fabrication, battery chemistry and design, LCD devices, medical devices, alloy composition and methods of manufacturing, sporting goods and apparel, consumer electronics, consumer products both in district courts and before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Alyssa has served clients on a broad range of complex legal issues including :
- Procurement of US and foreign patents
- Counseling on patentability issues, freedom-to-operate studies, and opinions relating to infringement and validity
- Contested proceedings before the USPTO including ex parte and post-grant proceedings
- Due diligence investigations
With a hybrid experience of patent prosecution and litigation, Alyssa is in a unique position to counsel clients on how to cultivate a patent portfolio and prosecute patent applications with an eye towards litigation.
In the area of USPTO contested proceedings, Alyssa has served as counsel to some of the largest corporations in the world in inter partes review and reexamination matters, which often involve co-pending district court litigation. Clients seek out Alyssa’s expertise in USPTO contested proceedings and trials because of her proven track record of success for both patent owners and petitioners.
Clients also consult with Alyssa for her unique experience in design patents. Having prosecuted nearly 400 design patents in the US and abroad, Alyssa has a keen eye for the details. She has secured design protection for some of today’s most recognizable consumer electronics.
- American University, Washington College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2007
- Princeton University, Master of Science in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, 2002
- Rutgers University, Bachelor of Science in Ceramic/Materials Engineering, 1999
- State Bar Admissions, Virginia, District of Columbia
- United States District Courts, United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Other Admissions, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Colorado IP Inn of Court
- PTAB Bar Association
- American Bar Association, IP Section
Rate : $$$$