Alyssa A. Sloan focuses her practice in the defense of litigating claims involving workplace injuries and illnesses and related employment matters. She has represented employers in more than one thousand (1,000) protests before the Workers’ Compensation Office of Judges and has extensive experience in the appellate practice of worker’s compensation claims before both the West Virginia Workers’ Compensation Board of Review and the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals.
Ms. Sloan has handled claims regarding injuries and diseases, including neck, back, and head injuries; repetitive trauma injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome; chemical exposure claims; and psychiatric disabilities. She represents both self-insured employers and employers who are covered by private workers’ compensation insurance policies.
- Defended a company in workers’ compensation claim alleging manganese toxicity causing Parkinsonism
- Defended numerous county boards of education from workers’ compensation claims and protests regarding denial of benefits, treatment issues, and claims for indemnity benefits
- Defended multiple claims arising from alleged occupational disease exposure at a hardwood flooring manufacturer
- Defended clients in more than 100 appeals before the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
- Represented clients in more than 100 appeals before the Workers’ Compensation Board of Review
- J.D. West Virginia University
- B.A. West Virginia University
- Workers’ Compensation Committee, Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Vice President, Berkeley County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Legal Aid of West Virginia
- School Advisory Board, St. Joseph School
Rate : $$$$