Amanda B. Buffinton is a partner in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group. Amanda is also Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar. She has extensive experience representing clients in both state and federal court for matters involving construction disputes, professional liability claims, including the defense of design professionals, contract disputes and commercial lending and banking disputes.
In her construction practice, Amanda has handled cases involving a wide array of commercial projects including storm water systems, wastewater treatment facilities, roadway and bridge construction, hospitals, civil site design and warehouse structures.
She has also successfully defended clients in construction claims involving personal injury and death, claims related to the design and construction of large multi-family structures, and property damage claims involving sinkhole design and remediation.
Amanda is a member of the Construction Law Committee of the Real Property Probate & Trust Law Division of The Florida Bar and she regularly writes and speaks on construction and liability issues.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Florida Bar Association, Real Property Probate & Trust Law Division
- Construction Law Committee, 2009 – 2016
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Co-Chair of Diversity Committee, 2013-2015
- The Federal Bar Association, Tampa Bay Chapter
- Board Member, 2014-2015
- American Bar Association
- Construction Law Forum
- Tampa Connection Class of 2008
- The Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Tampa Class of 2011
Rate : $$$