Amanda M. Bartlett is an associate based in the New York office. Ms. Bartlett is in the Litigation Department. She focuses on general commercial litigation, including asset management litigation, intellectual property litigation, and insurance litigation and regulatory matters in state and federal court.
Ms. Bartlett joined the firm in 2009. Ms. Bartlett received a J.D. magna cum laude from St. John’s University School of Law in 2009 where she was an editor of the St. John’s Law Review. She received a B.A. in Economics from Columbia University in 2002.
- A Japanese utility as a member of an investor group in the group’s acquisition of majority ownership interests in Kleen Energy Systems, LLC, which operates a 620-megawatt natural gas-fired power plant located in Middletown, Connecticut. As part of the transaction, an affiliate of Ares EIF will manage the Kleen Energy power plant on behalf of the investor group.
- ACP Re, AmTrust Financial Services, National General Holdings, Tower Group Insurance and others in defending claims asserted by holders of trust preferred securities in connection with ACP Re’s acquisition of Tower Group Insurance.
- The D. E. Shaw Group and Madison Dearborn Partners, as plaintiffs in litigation in New York Supreme Court asserting claims for breach of contract and damages arising from the sale of First Wind Holdings, LLC.
- Oaktree Capital Management, Centerbridge and Five Mile in litigation to enforce guarantees with a Las Vegas real estate investment.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in a policyholder class action regarding use of retained asset accounts in connection with service members group life insurance.
- A Japanese Manufacturer in U.S. DOJ antitrust second request process in connection with acquisition of direct competitor.
- A Putative class of women prisoners in a federal class action lawsuit against representatives of the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision for their failure to promulgate and enforce effective policies and procedures to prevent sexual abuse of prisoners by corrections officers.
- Foundation Medicine in a California false advertising litigation filed by a competitor over methods of validating genomic assays of cancer cells.
- Prudential Financial, Inc. in shareholder class action and derivative lawsuits arising from regulatory inquiries into death benefit payment practices and compliance with unclaimed property laws.
- BodyArmor Nutrition, makers of BodyArmor Super Drink, in defense of a trademark infringement action brought by Under Armour, makers of Under Armour sports clothing, equipment and related goods.
- A major financial services firm in the defense of litigations relating to auction rate securities.
- American Express in obtaining summary judgment ordering cancellation of an interloper’s trademark registration for BlackCard.
- St. John’s University School of Law, 2009, J.D.
- Columbia University, 2002, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$$