Amanda Bassen practices in the area of litigation. Ms. Bassen has experience in matters involving securities fraud, healthcare fraud and white-collar criminal defense. Ms. Bassen is a 2010 graduate of the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where she was a member of the Cardozo Public Law, Policy & Ethics Journal and the Criminal Defense Clinic, and is a graduate of Cornell University.
- Represented former Chief Financial Officer of Dewey & LeBoeuf at criminal jury trial in New York Supreme Court, resulting in numerous acquittals, with the jury unable to reach a verdict on the remaining charges.
- Obtained a sentence in federal court in Manhattan, on behalf of the former Director of Operations of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities, of only 10 years in prison, with the last year to be served in home confinement; much less than the effective life sentence sought by the government.
- Represented individual accused of insurance fraud and theft by deception. Obtained suppression of non-custodial statement on unprecedented grounds in New Jersey.
- New York
- New Jersey
- Duane Morris LLP, – Associate, 2016-present
- The Law Offices of Andrew J. Frisch, – Associate, 2013-2015
- Cole, Schotz, Meisel, Forman & Leonard P.A., – Associate, 2010-2013
- Federal Bar Council
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Rate : $$$