Amanda “Amy” S. Depuy concentrates her practice in product liability litigation, with a particular emphasis on pharmaceutical and automotive industries. She has handled warranty litigation and catastrophic injury cases for major automotive manufacturers across the U.S., in both state and federal courts. She also has handled litigation involving employment and environmental issues.
During law school, Amy served as a judicial extern for The Honorable Virginia A. Phillips. Chief Judge for the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. She also completed an internship for an international motor vehicle manufacturer.
Outside her practice, Amy mentors law students and works to find and develop clean water projects in the Dominican Republic, Haiti and Mexico. Before joining Shook, she was an associate for Bowman and Brooke LLP in Los Angeles.
- J.D., University of California – Hastings College of the Law, 2017
- Hastings Women’s Law Journal, Editor-in-Chief
- Student Leader of the Year
- Extern for The Hon. Virginia A. Phillips, Chief Judge for the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- UC Hastings Black Law Student Association, President
- Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition– First Place Western Region, Team Coach
- B.S., Middle Tennessee State University, 2014 (Political Science)
- Dean’s List
- Big Brother, Big Sister Mentoring Program
- Federal Bar Association
- Membership Committee
- National Bar Association
- Judicial Selection Committee
Rate : $$$