Amanda L. Godzinski advises and represents private companies, municipalities and public employers across the spectrum of employment and traditional labor matters. Amanda has defended employers before both federal and state administrative agencies, and in trial courts across the country.
Having been involved in all aspects of litigation, she is experienced in investigating claims, managing large-scale discovery, researching and drafting motions and appellate briefs, taking and defending depositions, and negotiating settlements.
- Provides ongoing advice on all areas of employment law, including employee handbook and policy development, Americans with Disabilities Act compliance, wage and hour compliance, discipline, internal investigations, leaves of absence, terminations and various aspects of the collective bargaining process.
- Served as a member of a legal team that successfully defended a putative class action seeking injunctive relief and damages under the Family and Medical Leave Act on behalf of a class of more than 400 employees, achieving denial of class certification.
- Led internal wage and hour audit for national hotel chain, including conducting on-site employee interviews and developing specific recommendations to reduce legal risks.
- Assisted a major rail carrier in defense of more than 30 employee whistleblower complaints filed under the Federal Railroad Safety Act.
- Managed the closure of an international clothing manufacturer’s Ohio operations, including advising senior management on personnel and union issues, drafting comprehensive separation agreements, providing Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act notices, and responding to an unfair labor practice charge filed with the National Labor Relations Board.
Memberships : Ohio State Bar Association
Community : American Red Cross, Ohio Buckeye Region: Associate Board
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 2012; magna cum laude; Case Western Reserve Law Review, Contributing Editor and Associate Editor
- B.A., University of Akron, 2009, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Rate : $$$