Amanda Kapur focuses her practice on commercial litigation. As a 2016 Summer Associate in Buchanan’s Fort Lauderdale and Miami offices, she conducted legal research, drafted pleadings and legal memoranda, assisted with discovery, engaged in client meetings and attended court hearings.
Amanda began her legal career in 2008 as a paralegal assisting Fortune 500 companies on various biopharmaceutical patent litigation and employment litigation matters. She has also provided legal support on antitrust, consumer protection and mass torts cases.
Prior to joining the firm, Amanda was a summer legal intern at NextEra Energy, Inc. in the Office of the Corporate Secretary. While there, she researched and analyzed a wide array of corporate governance issues.
Amanda attended the University of Miami School of Law, where she graduated cum laude. She served as an Articles & Comments Editor for the University of Miami Business Law Review and her Comment was selected for publication. She was also a member of the Charles C. Papy, Jr. Moot Court Board.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2017, cum laude
- Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies, Paralegal Certificate, 2008
- Georgetown University, B.A., 2008, Sociology & Women’s and Gender Studies
- Broward County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Broward County Women Lawyers’ Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
Rate : $$$$