Amanda K. Leech focuses her practice on general corporate counseling of both privately held and public companies. She has advised clients on mergers, acquisitions, divestures, joint ventures and strategic alliances. She has experience with transactions in a number of industries, including media and entertainment, technology, manufacturing and defense, and she has developed a particular focus advising government contractors on corporate transactions.
In her practice, Amanda also counsels boards of directors on corporate governance and compliance. She has extensive experience representing special committees of boards with independent reviews and investigations.
Her work includes counseling boards during corporate crisis situations. In this capacity, she has represented the boards of Fortune 100 companies, nonprofits and quasi-governmental organizations.
- Emory University School of Law, 2006, JD, with honors
- University of Alabama, 2003, BS, magna cum laude
Admissions and qualifications : Georgia
- Herschend Family Entertainment Group: Represented in its acquisition of the Harlem Globetrotters from Shamrock Capital Advisors, a private equity firm based in Los Angeles.
- SPEware Corp.: Represented in its sale to Tecan Group Ltd., a leading Swiss laboratory and life science equipment manufacturer. SPEware is a manufacturer of solid-phase extraction columns and associated automation equipment for use in laboratory, pharmaceutical and forensics fields.
- Crawford & Company: Represented in its acquisition of a majority interest in WeGoLook, LLC, an online and mobile collaborative economy platform headquartered in Oklahoma City. Crawford & Company is the largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities.
- SIMOS Insourcing Solutions: Represented this labor management firm in its sale to TrueBlue, the largest industrial staffing firm in the US.
- LinQuest Corporation: Represented in its acquisition from Schafer Corporation of assets necessary to provide advisory and assistance support to the US Air Force Space Command, NORAD/USNORTHCOM and the Space Innovation and Development Center.
- Capco, LLC: Represented in its sale to Kachi Growth Partners, a Colorado-based private equity fund. Capco is a designer and manufacturer of gun-mounting systems, small arms and ordinance components, electronic assemblies, electro-explosive devices and other military hardware and energetic items, primarily for the US military.
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey: Serving as outside counsel to its audit committee.
- Confidential client: Engaged by a publicly traded company to investigate possible wrongdoing in a division. The investigation led to immediate reforms in the division, and allowed the company to proactively engage its regulators and cure issues without penalties or negative publicity
- Tennessee Valley Authority: Represented its audit committee in the aftermath of a one-billion-gallon coal ash spill, providing an analysis of gaps in systems and controls and recommending governance reforms.
Rate : $$$