Amanda O’Neill litigates cases in a wide range of areas of product liability and general tort. She has defended cases in federal and state courts across the country involving both individual and multiparty personal injury, wrongful death and property damage claims, and defended a medical device manufacturer in multidistrict litigation.
She has been a member of several trial teams, and in some cases she has helped her clients obtain a total defense verdict. Amanda’s product liability matters have involved a wide array of products, including surgical and other medical devices, fire protection systems, component parts, personal transportation devices and hydraulic oil.
Amanda has experience in all aspects of litigation, including:
- initial case assessment;
- conducting discovery;
- motion practice;
- deposing fact witnesses;
- corporate witness development;
- expert witness development;
- extensive pre-trial motion practice, ranging from discovery issues to dispositive motions, including motions for summary judgment, Daubert and motions in limine;
- trial participation; and
- post-judgment briefing.
Amanda is actively involved in the Automotive Litigation Practice Group and has updated Shook’s Automotive Litigation materials. She is a member of the Diversity Recruiting Subcommittee and participates in the continued success of the diversity program at the firm.
She mentors summer interns and law students in the community, and represents juveniles involved in the family court system through Shook’s pro bono program.
- J.D., University of Missouri – Kansas City, 2013
- M.A., University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration, 2005 (Social Work)
- B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, 2003 (Psychology and Women’s Studies)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Guardian ad Litem, Missouri
Rate : $$$$