Amanda Van Hoose Garofalo represents management in all aspects of labor and employment, both in connection with employment litigation and counseling through various federal, state and local laws. A pragmatic advocate for clients, she develops efficient and effective solutions while keeping clients’ long-term goals at the forefront.
- Obtained partial summary judgment on a multimillion-dollar claim in favor of a public electronics company. Prepared for and attended the trial.
- Negotiated a settlement for an employer in a wage and hour suit at a settlement conference in the Southern District of New York.
- Acted as the lead associate in a three-plaintiff wage and hour action for a hospitality management company and negotiated a settlement with plaintiffs. The action was complicated by the fact that a labor union was attempting to organize the property at the same time, and encouraged the plaintiffs to continue in their suit.
- Obtained a dismissal for a bank against a former employee asserting New York Labor Law claims.
- Second-chaired the representation of a regional hospital at an NLRB hearing and assisted in negotiating a settlement.
Memberships : New York Junior League
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 2010, Whipple Scholar
- B.A., Political Science, University of Michigan, 2007, University Honors
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New Jersey
Rate : $$$$