V. Amanda Witts’s practice concentrates on general liability litigation, where she handles a wide range of civil cases at all stages, litigating in both state and federal courts. Her work also has included large-scale product liability matters and employment litigation.
Before joining Shook, Amanda served as the Deputy General Counsel of the Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority (PCCA). There, Amanda managed litigation brought against the PCCA and advised internal stakeholders on legal, administrative, procurement and regulatory matters.
Additionally, Amanda refined and oversaw the PCCA’s Diversity, Inclusion & Anti-Discrimination Program. Before joining the PCCA, Amanda was an attorney with the Tucker Law Group where she concentrated on general liability, products liability, employment discrimination, higher education and commercial matters.
Amanda is passionate about creating and ensuring pathways for underserved populations to higher education and/or competitive careers. To that end, she serves as a Board Member for Breakthrough of Philadelphia, Philadelphia Academies and Philadelphia OIC, organizations which, in their own ways, help to eradicate the barriers.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2010
- Georgetown University Journal of Law and Modern Critical Race Perspectives, Executive Articles Editor
- B.S., summa cum laude, Hampton University, 2007 (Marketing)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Barristers’ Association of Philadelphia
- Vice President of Finance (2016-2017)
- Treasurer (2015-2016)
- Elected Member (2012-2015)
- Breakthrough Philadelphia
- Board Member/Chair of Human Resources Committee (2015-present)
- OIC Philadelphia
- Board Member (2017-Present)
- Philadelphia Academies
- Board Member/Secretary (2017-Present)
Rate : $$$