Amar Budarapu currently serves as chairman of the Firm’s North American M&A and Securities – Strategy Group and is a member of the North American Management Committee. He recently served as chairman of the Firm’s Global Capital Markets Group for over a decade and as the managing partner of the Firm’s Dallas office.
Amar mainly practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, and corporate governance. Amar routinely advises public companies and investment bankers in M&A and capital markets transactions.
He has broad experience in domestic and cross-border M&A and capital markets transactions, particularly in the coordination of complex multi-jurisdictional transactions.
He has also represented issuers and underwriters in connection with registered and private equity and debt offerings, including initial public offerings.
- University of Minnesota (J.D. magna cum laude) (1991)
- Lawrence University (B.S. Chemistry) (1987)
Admissions : Texas~United States (1991)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Representation of a public company in its sale (USD 2 billion) and simultaneous spinoff of a subsidiary to public shareholders (USD600 million).
- Representation of a company in the acquisition of a public company (USD 5 billion).
- Representation of an underwriter in a Rule 144A/Regulation S global offering of common stock (USD 500 million).
- Representation of a public company in the sale of the company (USD 2.8 billion).
- Representation of an issuer in a universal shelf and subsequent convertible notes offering (USD 1.1 billion).
Rate : $$$