Amber R. Pickett is an associate in the Dallas office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare Practice. She focuses her practice on representing healthcare institutions such as skilled nursing facilities, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, hospitals, clinical laboratories, and correctional facilities with respect to claims of professional liability, healthcare or medical malpractice liability, premises liability, and wrongful death.
She also has experience representing individual healthcare providers including physicians, dentists, phlebotomists, and physical therapists. She also represents non-healthcare clients in civil litigation involving dram shop, personal injury, premises liability, breach of contract matters, and insurance coverage and bad faith litigation.
Ms. Pickett also has experience in insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, ERISA and denial of benefits litigation, representing life, health, and disability insurers in coverage disputes throughout Texas in state and federal courts.
She has assisted in defending cases involving claims for wrongful termination of long-term and/or short-term disability benefits, denial of accidental death and dismemberment benefits, and denial of health benefits.
- University of Texas School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2006
- Rice University, Bachelor of Arts, 2001
- State Bar Admissions, Texas
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Junior League of Dallas, Member
- Attorneys Serving the Community, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$$