Ami G. Scott represents borrowers and financial institutions in a wide range of lending transactions, including acquisition financings, working capital facilities and private placements. She advises borrowers on market information and provides guidance throughout the entire deal process.
Using her practical, straightforward approach, Ami structures and negotiates both domestic and cross-border financing transactions. She is able to simplify complicated concepts and explain them clearly to all parties involved.
Ami also takes great pride in her responsiveness to her clients’ needs and understands the importance of building quality relationships with her clients based on trust and performance.
Ami regularly represents borrowers, including the following matters:
- Represented numerous affiliates of European-based company to finance new manufacturing facilities in the US
- Represented various related private equity funds in a range of subscription-backed revolving credit facilities, bridge credit facilities and offshore debt issuances
Ami has represented agent banks and lenders in the following matters:
- Credit facilities provided to companies in the personal care and beauty industries
- Private placement debt offerings involving collateral in Mexico, Germany and Australia
- A private placement offering by the subsidiary of a state investment trust fund
- Numerous revolving credit and term loan facilities for regional utility companies to fund expansion activities and pension prepayments
- Several credit facilities for Latin American borrowers secured by collateral in multiple jurisdictions, including South America and Europe
- Second lien financings to fund the acquisition of transportation, leisure, manufacturing and nutrition companies
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1997
- Ohio State University, M.B.A., B.S.B.A., 1994
- District of Columbia
- The National Black MBA Association
CIVIC AND CHARITABLE MEMBERSHIPS:
- Academy for Global Citizenship, Chicago, Founding Board Member
- KidPower DC, Washington, DC, Board Member
Rate : $$$