Amir Shachmurove is a litigation associate with experience in such areas as banking and finance law; complex commercial litigation; bankruptcy and restructuring generally and business reorganizations particularly; creditors’ and debtors’ rights under federal and state law; and constitutional litigation at the trial and appellate levels.
Amir routinely publishes articles on bankruptcy law and federal procedure in scholarly and professional journals. Prior to attending Harvard Law School, Amir graduated magna cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania with a B.A. in English and Politics, Philosophy, and Economics.
Post-graduation, he spent two years in Brownsville, Texas, as a member of Teach for America’s Rio Grande Valley Corps. Having been born and raised in Tel-Aviv, Amir is fluent in Hebrew.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- New York State Bar Association
Professional Experience :
- Research Attorney, Hon. William McCurine, Jr. (Ret.)
- Clerk, Hon. Robert Grossman, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Clerk, Hon. Catherine McEwen, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Clerk, Hon. John deGravelles, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2011
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., magna cum laude, 2005
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$