Amir Shlesinger is an experienced litigation partner in Reed Smith’s Managed Care Group. He has represented clients in the managed health care industry for more than 15 years. As a result, he has developed great knowledge in these fields, helping clients navigate and resolve complex benefit and payment disputes. Amir is valued for his pragmatic approach to problem-solving, adopting cost-effective and practical solutions to complicated problems.
Amir’s substantive experience in managed health care include provider and consumer class actions, rescissions, provider litigation, bad-faith litigation, member direct-pay litigation, and ERISA litigation. Amir assists clients in all facet of the litigation process, from pre-litigation advice and counsel through jury trials, arbitrations, and regulatory proceedings.
- Loyola Law School, 1999, J.D., Sayre McNeil Scholar; St. Thomas More Law Honor Society, Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review
- University of California, Berkeley, 1996, B.A., Political Science, with high distinction; Phi Beta Kappa
Court Admissions :
- All State Courts – California
- U.S. District Court – Central District of California
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of California
- First-Chaired an arbitration initiated by a facility alleging breach of contract against payor and seeking $20M based on ambiguous contract term. Obtained defense award on behalf of payor.
- Defended health plan in case by out of network facility alleging violations of the False Claims Act based, in part, on alleged underpayment of UCR.
- Defended health plans and insurers in hundreds of out of network UCR professional and facilities cases.
- Defended health plan in a narrow network/network exclusion case with alleged damages of over $1.5B dollars
- Defended health plan and health insurer in high profile litigation, both class and individual cases, involving the rescission of coverage.
Rate : $$$