Amisha R. Patel focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, class action defense, and white collar investigations. Ms. Patel has experience at all stages of litigation, including drafting pleadings and motions, successfully arguing motions, taking and defending depositions, and preparing for trial. She has represented clients in state and federal courts, and before the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and foreign competition authorities.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Patel was an attorney in the complex litigation and dispute resolution practice of an international law firm. She has also spent seven years as an adjunct professor at the George Washington University Law School. In 2017, Ms. Patel was honored with the South Asian Bar Association (SABA) of North America Rising Star Award.
Ms. Patel earned her J.D. from The George Washington University Law School. During her time there, Ms. Patel participated in The George Washington University Law School’s Immigration Clinic, where she successfully argued an affirmative asylum case and secured adjustment of status for an immigrant spouse in removal proceedings. Prior to law school, Ms. Patel was a litigation case manager at an international law firm.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., with honors, 2010, Manuel and Ana María Benítez Award for Clinical Excellence in Immigration Law; The George Washington International Law Review Best Note Award, Volume 42; Executive Managing Editor, The George Washington International Law Review
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 2005
- New York
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- South Asian Bar Association of Washington, D.C. (President-Elect)
- South Asian Bar Association of North America (SAWAN Co-Chair)
Rate : $$$