Amy B. Cheng focuses her practice in the area of commercial litigation & business torts. She handles commercial claims, including shareholder disputes, fiduciary duty claims, claims of professional negligence, and all disputes that arise from the ownership of a closely held company. She also has litigation experience handling initial motion practice, the discovery process and drafting dispositive motions.
Additionally, Amy helps clients avoid litigation by advising on a variety of general corporate matters including regulatory compliance, contract formation and pre-suit negotiations.
- Emory University, BS, Biology (2009)
- University of South Carolina, MPH, highest honors (2012)
- Emory University School of Law, JD (2015)
Admissions : Georgia
- Represented a privately held national investment firm in a multi-million dollar claim against a national accounting firm for professional negligence; drafted discovery & managed discovery related matters
- Represented a national healthcare services company that specializes in ERISA and other self-funded plans; primary attorney responsible for managing disputes and claims with healthcare providers in accordance with the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act
Previous Professional Experience : Litigation associate, full-service and an employment and business litigation firms based in Atlanta (2015-2018)
- Georgia State Bar
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Korean American Bar Association of Georgia
Rate : $$$$